KONGSBERG makes solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions. Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defence, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centers of expertise around products, technologies and market needs.
Kongsberg Digital (KDI) is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas, and renewables & utilities. The company consists of more than 500 software experts with leading competence within artificial intelligence, 3D visualization, internet of things, smart data, automation and autonomous operations.
We are now looking to expand our 3D visualization team in Asker. The team serves as a competence center for industrial real-time 3D visualization, available for all product lines in KONGSBERG. We maintain a vertical technology stack that delivers real-time 3D rendering on multiple platforms, with a strong focus on software architecture, modern graphics pipeline utilization, domain-specific APIs and maintaining a high quality codebase.
Two examples of our recent projects can be found on and
What's in it for you?
- Be part of a team maintaining and developing a modern technology stack for 3D rendering on multiple platforms, including desktop, web and VR
- Work with experts in 3D rendering and cooperate with colleagues having world-leading technical competence within KONGSBERGs many product areas
- Participate in prototyping new products and experimenting with new technologies
- Work with integrating 3D visualization with new and existing products in the KONGSBERG portfolio
- We strive to improve our work processes to make sure every project leaves the code base and the developers in better shape than it found them
- You'll get colleagues that will challenge you, and help you grow
What do we expect?
- Experience with 3D graphics programming using OpenGL, Direct3D, WebGL, GLSL or HLSL
- Experience with CUDA, OpenCL and GPGPU is a plus, as is experience with VR and AR
- Passion for visualization and end user experiences
- Strong programming skills, pride in making clean code, interest in software architecture
- A MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, possibly a B.Sc. combined with experience and/or strong talent
What do we offer?
- Meaningful work. The software you create will affect the safety and performance of real-world maritime operation
- An interesting position within a dynamic and innovative high tech company
- Career opportunities and personal development
- Competitive terms and conditions
- An exciting journey
If you have source code published on GitHub or similar, please include a link in your job application.
Applications will be handled on an ongoing basis.