For over 200 years KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions.
Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defence, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centers of expertise around products, technologies and market needs.
Kongsberg Norcontrol maritime surveillance solutions improve safety, efficiency and security of maritime transportation and its infrastructure by providing optimal maritime domain awareness. Our solutions are in service with the world's leading maritime coastal organisations, most successful port authorities and safest offshore operators.
In addition to the main office in Norway, Kongsberg Norcontrol has offices in Singapore and the UK. As our UK office continues to grow, we are seeking an experienced Managed Services leader with a qualification from the Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) industry, and experience in coordinating a team of Service Engineers supporting our UK customers.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Coordinating timely resolution of Incidents/Events/Problems logged in our reporting tool (Remedy) so that service levels are not breached.
- Organising weekly Scrum meetings.
- Customer liaison.
- Provision of ICT technical support service including operating systems (Windows & Linux), RDBS (primarily SQL Server), 3rd party software (primarily VMware), proprietary software and networks (LAN/WAN).
- Support including the production of reports and necessary documentation for administration and invoicing purposes.
- Provision of technical and operational training at world-wide customer locations.
- Inclusion in the remote support service 24 hours per day in a roster system.
- Inclusion in the on-site support service 24 hours per day in a roster system at world-wide customer locations.
- Inclusion in the weekend standby duty roster system.
- Conduct installation, commissioning and setting-to-work activities at world-wide customer locations.
- Conduct preventative and rectification maintenance at world-wide customer locations.
- Provision of technical support service for marine sensors including radar, radio, CCTV, AIS, etc.
- Provision of technical support to the Marketing and Sales dept.
- Participate in Customer Support department meetings, if required.
- Any other appropriate tasks required by the Line Manager.
- Essential; ITIL Practitioner
- Preferable; CCNA and/or MCSE.
- Able to work alone
- Result and action oriented
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and practical
- Positive mind-set.
- Competitive remuneration including benefits
- Interesting challenges in a company in strong growth
- Extensive travel opportunities.
A significant amount of time will be spent in Norway, especially during the probationary period. Thereafter, extensive travel can be expected within UK and overseas including working offshore and at height.