Kongsberg Maritime is an international company with job opportunities worldwide. The company is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
We are looking for a highly motivated group manager to lead a team of experienced HW designers within the Subsea Technology Platforms department. Our department delivers cutting edge solutions to products ranging from single beam echo sounders to multi beam synthetic aperture sonars and subsea underwater communication equipment. Our customers range from small fishing vessels to large scientific ocean explorers.
Tasks and responsibilities:
* Leading a highly professional HW team
* Acoustic frontend electronic design
* Design analogue and digital circuits, low noise, low power and DC-DC converters.
* Miniaturized electronics
* Lead the work for developing work processes, procedures and internal tools
* Ability to lead and motivate a team of highly competent people
* Creative mindset
* Broad knowledge in electronic design including but not limited to
- Acoustic front-end
- Low Noise
- Low Power
- Power amplifier design
* M.Sc. in Electronic design or equivalent. A desire to further develop themselves.
* Tools/Language: Cadence Orcad, LTspice, Python
* Familiar with typical lab test equipment
As a group leader the right applicant should have a managerial mindset with a special interest for work process development and the ability to find and use emerging technologies.
The right candidate will be offered a competitive compensation and benefits package in an ambitious and merited working environment. You will also be given the freedom to further refine and sharpen your skillset to take it to the next level.