We are seeking a Project manager for our Earth observation services. The role carries responsibility for set up and oversight of multiple service delivery projects and a keen eye for new solutions and opportunities. Our Project Managers are expected to establish a strong relationship with our clients, and clearly communicate and present KSAT’s unique areas of expertise, which includes satellite-based oil spill detection, vessel detection, and ice detection services. The selected candidate will be part of a highly professional team that serves a global market. The position will report to the Director Programs -Energy, Environment & Security.
- Managing a portfolio of service delivery projects and ensuring fulfillment of contractual obligations towards our clients
- Customer caring and after sales activities
- Providing technical support to our Sales team
- Managing IT/system developers in service set up and service development projects
- Supporting development of existing and new EO-services, focusing on the KSAT oil service.
- Managing service development projects, writing project proposal, interfacing and working in partnership with R&D partners
- Master of Science degree (Remote Sensing, GIS or similar)
- Technical knowledge of satellite Earth observation and use of EO data – experience with Maritime applications is beneficial
- Experience from managing product/service development projects
- Experience with image processing techniques and processing software is beneficial (ESA SNAP, ENVI, GDAL)
- Experience with GIS applications is beneficial (ArcGIS, QGIS)
- Experience from operational industries and customer-facing roles is beneficial
- Command of English is mandatory, oral and written
- Team player with good communication and collaboration skills
- Self-driven and result oriented
- Good business understanding and customer mind-set
- Enthusiasm for global travel and spontaneous pursuit of new opportunities
Applicants must be eligible for Norwegian security clearance. The workplace will be Tromsø.