KONGSBERG DIGITAL is a business unit of KONGSBERG, to focus on KONGSBERG Gruppen’s strategy to be a leading integrated digital solutions provider, in providing the next generation of digitalized products and services. With more than 500 software experts, the company will be a leading industrial software environment.
We have a strong platform to develop the next generation of digital products and services that will provide significant changes to processes and business models of the industry. Today KONGSBERG cooperates closely with several leaders within digitalization, both within academia and research, and through the Group’s extensive network of suppliers and customers in Norway and abroad
Kongsberg Digital will also be a focal point for the Group’s digital offering, ensuring leading digital development and competence across KONGSBERG. In addition, the new subsidiary will be responsible for new technology alliances.
We need an experienced tester with a proven track record of testing complex applications, specially integrated components to complement the Kognifai context, ensuring software quality across a range of applications. This role should be able to see the Kognifai full picture and how various applications and components fit together to ensure integration testing for end-to-end workflow. This role will be responsible for integration testing activities ensuring applications work as expected and issues clearly reported through appropriate channels. The Role holder will work closely with QA Org, project stakeholders, development and UAT teams w.r.t. Kognifai to ensure test scope meets requirements resulting in quality software. This position will functionally report to QA Management and work closely with PMO, line management remains locally.
Main tasks and responsibility
- Understanding requirements for integrated components/apps and creating key test deliverables such as test strategies, plans, scripts, scenarios, and test data etc.
- Test estimation, scheduling, requirements traceability, execution and reporting results to various audiences
- Drive/participate in daily stand-up meetings to maximize test effectiveness particularly during execution phase
- Identifying regression testing scope and ensures timely test coverage
- Adherence to the software development practices, testing standards and best practices
- Provides an interface to functional and automation teams for know-hows on Kognifai integrated components
- Supports QA Org in achieving strategic goals by providing technical/integration know-how, documentation, training to testing teams as necessary
- Brings integration insights from architecture point of view, & works as a bridge between solution architects, project managers and testers
- Helps automation in long term, pushes simulator/emulator requirements, enables team to both use & enhance expertise across projects
- Responsible for test infrastructure/iLab(s) including environment, software, liaising with DevOps
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 7-10 years of overall experience on testing practices, integration and component level testing, API testing. Hands-on testing experience is a must.
- Working experience with Microsoft technologies, Azure, Cloud micro services, VSTS, Test Hub.
- Candidate must have the communication and technical writing skills necessary to produce formal test specifications and test plans based off of functional, design and requirements specifications.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated to work as individual contributor and as a team player for collaboration and sharing practices.
- Good database skills to interrogate relational databases e.g. MSSQL, Oracle or any timeseries database is an advantage.
- Self-driven, team player but also able to work independently using initiative.
- Have excellent time management and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience of testing within an Agile framework, Scrum using structured testing and release methods.
- Willing to travel onsite for short duration(s).