Senior/Lead- Engineer – Electrical Drives
Kongsberg Maritime is charging towards a leading position in the next generation of ship autonomy and electrification. We are simultaneously delivering and developing energy solutions at the cutting edge of both maritime hardware, control and software.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance in extreme conditions. We do that through delivering world-class products and services that deliver real benefits to our customers.
The new K-Power product range includes switchboards, electric drives and batteries, as well as unique approaches to energy management and integration with the overall vessel control. Our take on digitalization aims to pave the way for more efficient operation and design of the energy system as a whole
Our world-class energy laboratory includes rotating machinery, batteries, a fuel cell, and both AC and DC distribution, thus offering a unique possibility for fast-paced development and improvement of new and existing products.
Prospective market growth calls for expansion of our highly motivated and dedicated team
We are now looking for an experienced and highly motivated Electrical Engineer that will have a key role in developing, and actively managing, our new K-Power products.
As our domain expert within electrical drives you will:
· Be involved in setting the product development strategy, product specifications and requirements.
· Lead and follow up the various development projects and activities.
· Take the technical lead role and drive the process as we further develop our drives range, in particular this applies to system design and calculations, drives cabinet assembly, component selection and component incorporation.
· Be performing a wide range of electrical system design, analysis, and studies.
· Work closely with other key resources in the organization, utilizing synergies across the different functions and product areas, creating differentiators to our competitors based on our integration strategy.
· Produce and maintain the required standard technical documentation for our products.
· Be performing external electrical testing of equipment in third party test facilities for the electrical drives product range
· Provide technical guidance and follow up towards own factory in China, and other 3rd party assembly plants
· Be a technical point of contact for your domain towards our strategic partner Siemens
What is your experience and knowledge?
· Experience from design, production and testing of power electronics and variable frequency drives for various applications:
· You have higher technical education within electrical power engineering (M.Sc. or B.Sc.)
· At least 5-10 years of relevant work experience (product development experience is a plus), where you have worked with variable frequency drives
· You are also well versed and have demonstrated experience within:
- Application design and dimensioning
- Electrical calculations and analyses
- Circuit diagram and building block design
- Compliance with EMC requirements
- Personal protection / Safety design
· As our domain expert you have in-depth knowledge of relevant industry standards, classification rules and flag state regulations. In particular, you are well versed in communicating with, and working towards, classification societies as it applies to certification/approval processes.
Who are you as a person?
· You have a strong collaborative mindset, and you have a desire to act as an integrator in the organization
· Effective communication skills and ability to work with a team on different locations
· You are proactive, self-driven, and someone that actively seeks advice and freely share your knowledge and experience with others
· With your commercial attitude you understand the importance of design-to-cost
· You are a true “technologist”, someone that is always up to date on industry developments/trends, and that reads technical articles in your free time.
What can we offer?
· An opportunity to be part of a transformative experience within Kongsberg Maritime, gearing up for the future of smart electrification.
· An international, dynamic and innovative workplace where you are encouraged to share your knowledge
· A collaborative environment interfacing with several different departments and functions
· Competence development within multiple fields and disciplines