KONGSBERG, an international technology corporation that delivers advance and reliable solutions that improve safety, security and performance in complex operations, and during extreme conditions. KONGSBERG works with demanding customers in the global defence, maritime, oil and gas and aerospace industries.
Kongsberg Maritime, a wholly owned subsidiary of KONGSBERG. We deliver systems for dynamic positioning and navigation, marine automation and more to offshore and shipyard industries. We are committed to meeting our customers' expectation with innovative and reliable solutions to their merchant marine, offshore, subsea, and oil & gas needs.
As we continue to grow and expand, we are searching for several qualified candidates to further strengthen and develop our global team. Come join our team of extra-ordinary professionals who are committed to provide work excellence. We can offer an exciting career in an international and creative environment.
Software technical support, upgrade and modification on KM DP product
Generate / update DP Statcap
Report problem and improvement to P&I database and follow
Technical case / trend analysis for DP near-miss / incident / accident in after-market segment
Focus on customer support, commissioning and service on assigned Kongsberg Maritime Dynamic Positioning product range
Technical manning on desk / mobile device for remote support as require by KM Global Customer Support world-wide frame work
Maintain good relationship with existing clients
Proper preparation and execution of work assigned
Responsible for generation of service reports, update drawings, cable information database and others
Ensure performance are met at all times
Pre and post work administrative
Workshop test and technical preparations
Liaison between customers and main office on all aspects of pre-commissioning/ commissioning, maintenance and operation of the systems
Position will cover South-East Asia, Oceania and possibly other part of the world
Required to undertake ad-hoc duties which may be assigned from time-to-time
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering
- Relevant working experience in maritime industry with background in automation, navigation or bridge electronic
- At least three years relevant experience in customer service
- At least one year of technical hands-on experience on Dynamic Positioning systems
- At least one year of technical experience with marine / offshore environmental sensors
- At least one year of technical experience or understand marine positioning system
- Technical experience with C++ Programming (preferred)
- Good customer etiquette
- Proficient in basic MS office applications
- Good knowledge on computer network system / topology will be an added advantage
- Must have excellent co-operative skills, good communication skills, result-oriented and self motivated
- Able to travel on short notice
The position reports to Service Manager (Singapore).
Job type : Permanent / Full-time
Working hours : Mon to Fri: 0900 hrs to 1730 hrs
Working days : 5 days
Location of work place : 81 Toh Guan Road East, #04-01 Secom Centre, Singapore 608606
If you are up to the challenge, send us your CV, tell us how you can make a difference, and we will be in touch soon. Working location will be in Singapore.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.