Communication, Technology, Communications, Security & Safety department
Kongsberg Maritime is charging towards a leading position in the next generation of ship autonomy and electrification. We are simultaneously delivering and developing energy solutions at the cutting edge of both maritime hardware, control and software.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance in extreme conditions. We do that through delivering world-class products and services that deliver real benefits to our customers.
The new K-Power product range includes switchboards, electric drives and batteries, as well as unique approaches to energy management and integration with the overall vessel control. Our take on digitalization aims to pave the way for more efficient operation and design of the energy system as a whole
Our world-class energy laboratory includes rotating machinery, batteries, a fuel cell, and both AC and DC distribution, thus offering a unique possibility for fast-paced development and improvement of new and existing products.
Prospective market growth calls for expansion of our highly motivated and dedicated team
We are now looking for an experienced and highly motivated SW Developer - Communication that will have a key role in developing our new K-Power products.
• Analysis, Design, Implementation and Test of Real Time Communication SW.
• Analysis and Design using UML
• Programming in C/C++
• Integration of protocol stacks
• Develop automated unit/component tests
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in SW Development, or similar/related field
• Experience with Embedded Programming
• Experience with UML Analysis and Design
• Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems
• Knowledge to communications standards (E.g. IEC61850, CANOpen, Profibus, Profinet, Modbus)
• Excellent collaborative skills and good communication skills
• Fluent Norwegian and English speaking and writing skills.
We can offer:
• An opportunity to be part of a transformative experience within Kongsberg
Maritime, gearing up for the future of smart electrification
• An international, dynamic and innovative workplace where you are encouraged to share your knowledge
• Highly qualified and motivated co-workers.
• A collaborative environment interfacing with several different departments and functions
• Competence development within multiple fields and disciplines
Work location: Kongsberg, Norway