Kongsberg Maritime is a world-leading manufacturer of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV) and Unmanned Surface Vehicles (USV). We offer a range of marine robotics systems covering the ocean surface and the underwater world down to 6000 meters. We develop and produce the world-leading AUVs HUGIN, MUNIN and REMUS, in addition to our own autonomous USV. These systems are untethered and can operate autonomously and independent of human control for days. We integrate advanced sensors and develop modern software systems to deliver value to our customers by providing high data quality and robust performance. Key markets are detailed seabed mapping for hydrographic offices and the offshore oil and gas industry, marine research and naval mine counter measures. More information can be found on www.km.kongsberg.com/auv.
A position as Technical Writer in Marine Robotics is open.
Tasks and responsibilities:
· Creation of operator and technical documentation for AUV and USV systems
· Collaboration with project and development engineers for AUV and USV system deliveries
· Good writing skills
· Experience as a technical writer
· Knowledge of industry-standard authoring tools: XML, DITA standard, Content management system (SDL Tridion Docs), InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
· Ability to communicate complex information clearly, consistently and accurately - All documentation is in English
· Engineer or other technical background - Ability to collaborate in a technically advanced working environment
· Customer oriented
· Structured and methodical behavior
We can offer:
· Advanced technology and applications
· Inspiring and international working environment
· Competent and supporting colleagues
Working location: Strandpromenaden, Horten, Norway.
Home page: http://www.kongsberg.com
Strandpromenaden 50 3183 HORTEN