Kongsberg Digital (KDI) is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas, and renewables & utilities. The company consists of more than 500 software experts with leading competence within internet of things, smart data, artificial intelligence, automation and autonomous operations. In addition, Kongsberg Digital is the group-wide center of digital expertise for KONGSBERG.
As we continue to grow, we are now looking for a qualified candidate for the role as Product Manager- Drilling & Wells at our premises in Kristiansand or Stavanger. The Drilling & Wells business unit delivers innovative products and services such as the SiteCom® suite to the drilling business globally, and have several supermajors as key clients.
What's in it for you?
We are currently looking for a business driven Product Manager with a desire to succeed in the drilling operations domain to join our team. The position will focus on enabling and facilitating innovative products and services to clients in the drilling domain.
You will be working with these main tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development and execution of the product strategy.
- Take initiatives to generate the right activities for product roadmap based on business strategy and requirements.
- Collaborate with other product managers, deliveries, services representative on client needs and demands.
- Translate the business requirements into product ideas and specifications.
- Develop solutions to optimize the workflows through understanding of the drilling operations.
- Develop fit-for-purpose data driven applications and feature designs.
- Participate and generate functional and non-functional specifications for development processes.
- Participate in sprint demos with development team.
- Support sales with datasheets, white papers, features’ lists and materials.
- Present product features and materials to clients.
- Contribute to the budget and result of the product life cycle.
- Take responsibility for generating and continuously updating product materials.
What do we expect?
- Engineering degree (BSc, MSc or equivalent) is preferred, but applicants with relevant work experience will be taken into consideration
- Minimum seven years of relevant professional experience within drilling operations
- Understanding of the drilling operations, well program and workflows.
- Knowledge within drilling software processes and real-time data capturing
- Understanding of the product domain and market segments in depth
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
As a person we would like you to:
- Have an attitude and mindset that fits with an agile organization
- Enjoy working in teams
- Demonstrate a positive sales oriented drive and presentation skills
- Be quality conscious, service minded and creative
- Live up to the Kongsberg values: Reliable, Determined, Innovative and Collaborative
What do we offer?
- An interesting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative high tech company
- Career opportunities and personal development
- Great corporate culture within Kongsberg
- Opportunities to travel as part of your role, the business unit already have a global reach
- An exciting journey with diversified and challenging tasks in a strong knowledge based international environment
- Competitive terms of employment
The position will report to the VP Drilling & Wells, and is a part of the management team in the business unit. Working location will be Kristiansand /Stavanger and a certain amount of travelling must be expected, both within Norway as well as to clients and our offices globally.
Does this sound interesting to you? Then join us on our journey to World Class - though People, Technology and Dedication.
Applications will be handled on an ongoing basis.