Kongsberg Maritime CM Sp.z o.o. - Global Procurement in Cracow is looking for an experienced and talented person for the position of Customs Leader. In this role you will provide expertise support to a cross-functional team serving a wide range of international contacts (both internally and externally). As a part of the global supply chain team you will work with all KMs divisions and support various key projects within the field of customs and logistics, being a part of developing world class supply chain management.
- Define and implement an end-to-end global customs strategy including risk reviews on potential footprint evaluations and potential implications.
- Monitor all customs regulations by Marine site/country and review all customs relevant activities to reduce financial exposure by maximising legitimate tax and duty efficiencies.
- Stay aligned and in contact with the wider Customs teams within Kongsberg to ensure best practice and synergies are captured across sectors
- Act as the subject matter expert to give guidance on all customs compliance matters to the KM divisions, including regions outside of Europe
- Lead projects related to logistics and customs supporting our business
- Identify training needs throughout the business; create customs training material and deliver training to the both customer facing and supplier facing side of the Marine business.
- Ensure legal and ethical compliance to customs regulations covering all KM sites.
- Create, develop and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, guidelines and contracting infrastructures that meet both corporate and business customs requirements.
- Monitor and communicate regulatory changes and maintain close relationship with customs authorities and external bodies.
- Identify and implement opportunities for cost reduction/avoidance through special customs procedure, e.g. free trade zones, bonded warehouse.
- Support purchasing in the customs suppliers (broker) selection based on the criteria defined in the customs strategy.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (degree of law, business/economics or equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge of relevant customs regulations and ability to analyse business situations and to advise on the impact of customs regulations.
- Good knowledge of Asia- and US trade.
- Solid understanding of the physical logistics processes (inbound and outbound).
- Analytical skills and data management.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting personal objectives.
- Strong communication skills and experience of influencing based on functional responsibility rather than line authority, and also at senior levels of the organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Fluent in English and ideally another language.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel when needed and work with different cultures.
What we offer:
- Working in an internationally environment/stable company with established position in Poland and global market
- Participation in various development trainings
- Unique atmosphere in a team sharing expertise
- Attractive salary and benefits
- Interesting experience and opportunity for personal development
If you would like to apply for the above-mentioned position, send your CV in English version.
We kindly inform you that we contact only chosen candidates.