As a Technician in Singapore, you will have overall responsibility for the KONGSBERG MARITIME business in Singapore. You will play an integral role in the business by ensuring that all our engines and equipment meet the high standards that KONGSBERG requires. This is a chance for you to contribute to the continuous improvement of maintenance ensuring optimum performance within our business.
KONGSBERG MARITIME, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in KONGSBERG, NORWAY, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. KONGSBERG MARITIME is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
• Undertake independently the commissioning, installation, maintenance and repair/overhaul of KONGSBERG products and its associated equipment at KONGSBERG Singapore workshop or at site in accordance with KONGSBERG manuals and/or specific given instructions.
• All aspects of repair, overhaul, maintenance of Diesel Engine. Gear Boxes, Shafting, Propeller, Bow/Stern Thrusters, Aquamaster Thrusters, Steering Gears and Deck Machinery.
• Capable in resolving the technical matters and completing the services according to the works order and to the acceptance of the Customers and Supervisors, thereafter, provide the service/investigation reports where applicable.
• Liaise with Supervisors and in-house Technical Specialist for technical assistance, if required.
• Develop and update own skills and knowledge to meet the job requirement through training and
• Advise, instruct and train the team members in carrying out the assigned tasks, in using of
KONGSBERG documentations, tools, customers' drawings, etc.
• Observe the safety regulations of WSHA and guidelines/risk assessment from the company's
WHS Committee when performing work at-site or at customer's premises.
• Diploma in Engineering/Technical certificate, min. ITC/NTC-2 & 3.
• Preferably with 5-10 years working experience on diesel engine, deck machinery and propulsion system.
• Good communication and interpersonal skill, resourceful, basic IT Skill and team player
• Willing to travel overseas on job assignments