We are excited to welcome you to an organization with historical flair and a deep-rooted aviation history. For over a century, Kongsberg Aviation Maintenance Services (KAMS) has played a significant role in the Norwegian aviation industry. Over the past 100 years we have changed and adapted to the new world of aeronautics, but our dedication to innovation and reliability has never changed. Today, we are flying higher than ever before and we are immensely proud to have become a world class provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul across several flying platforms.
KAMS is experiencing strong growth and we are now looking for a Customer Support Engineer to assist with the stand-up of the Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul & Upgrade (“MRO&U”) with Test Cell facility in Rygge for the Pratt & Whitney F135 Engine, which powers the F35 Lightning II for the global customers. The successful candidate is reliable, structured and proactive, and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The Customer Support Engineer will be expected to assist in the initialization of quality systems required for the MRO&U operation under aviation regulations and quality standards, the stand-up of the facility, including assisting any engineering sub projects under the Lead Process Methods Engineer, and then move into a sustainment role for the F135 Engine and requires engineering support.
Workplace will be Rygge flystasjon.
At KAMS we offer you varied and exciting tasks:
- Propose and implement new quality measures in the department and monitor the measures being initiated
- Uphold the Quality Systems in compliance with customer, organisational and standard requirements to ensure continual improvement of the F-135 Depot
- Assist in technical problem solving of new projects to contribute to the workshop being able to complete their projects
- Analyze customer issues and develop necessary actions and ensure optimal levels of customer satisfaction to provide appropriate support
- Assist engineers in complex cases and evaluate products for customers
- Maintain accurate customer documents and prepare reports for all issues and resolutions
- Continuously provide the Operations Manager with information on the status of work and, in particular, when extraordinary circumstances require it
- Contribute to a good working environment to ensure that staff thrive and are comfortable
- Contribute to healthy work discipline and order in the F135 Depot Department
- Keep updated about developments in his/her area of responsibility
We are looking for talents with the following qualifications:
- Higher technical education (Bachelor / Master)
- Relevant experience and interest in working with concepts, system design, system architecture, integration and testing from development team / technical in project with exposure to customer
- Innovative and collaborative team player, who takes initiative and is interested in start-up projects
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to work independently and familiarize yourself with the operation and structure of complex technical systems, and understand the system and details in an operational context
- Planning and Reporting experience (ie. Primavira, MS project, MS Office Package)
- Knowledge of the Aviation/ Defence Aviation environment is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Working knowledge of EASA, EMAR and AS9001, AS9100 and AS9110 is an advantage, but not a requirement
At KAMS we offer you thrilling tasks, but also:
- Varied and exciting work tasks in a newly developed project at the forefront of Aircraft Engine Technology
- Good career and development opportunities in an international company
- Competitive conditions with good pension and insurance schemes
- A good working environment with a lot of experience and competence
- Some business travel must be expected