Kongsberg Maritime Brazil is looking for a qualified and energetic instructor to join its team. Training department delivers courses to both internal and external stakeholders, providing operator’s and technician’s qualification, as well as other disciplines to deepen participants’ knowledge in KONGSBERG products and applications. Contents involving the use of KONGSBERG products can also be tailored to the specific needs of the customers.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare, develop, implement, evaluate and maintain applicable courses, following internal processes and accreditation standards.
- Review the matters affecting course completion, by department, course developer documentation, training coordinator and training department's database.
- Assist in developing and delivering tailored training courses.
- Stay updated in relevant fields, both with knowledge of the products and art of distributing knowledge.
- Actively exchange experiences with other department leaders and employees.
- Maintain equipment, labs, simulators and classrooms for training activities, initiating business case for necessary upgrades as appropriate.
- Technically support Team Leader regarding quotation scope, document checking and update.
- Take part in technical meetings for scope definition upon request
- Implement course improvements and adaptations aligned with Kongsberg Maritime’s quality procedures and requirements.
- Follow, adhere, and implement Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) requirements and actions to ensure safe and hazard free learning environment and workplace at Kongsberg Maritime.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude when interacting with customers and colleagues.
- Represent KONGSBERG before customers during training delivery classes, as well as when participating in meetings or external events as a department representative, following global guidelines.
- Implement measures to correct the error on the department's training equipment.
- Suggest to customers improvements and upgrades on equipment and application, as well as report requirements to the department.
- Seek contact with authorities/communities in the company that possesses expertise/documentation necessary when developing and implementing courses
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education from Maritime Academy at a bachelor or master level, holding a Ch-mate (or higher) Certificate - mandatory
- Valid COC and DP Certificate (NI or DNV) - mandatory
- Experience from Shuttle Tanker Operations proven by logbook entries - mandatory
- Experience from DP-vessel holding a DP unlimited certificate.
- Hold a DNV GL Shuttle Tanker notation certificate will be a plus.
- Ability to communicate to a broad audience with various backgrounds and understanding of the content.
- Must be able to do some travel activity.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a high tempo environment.
- Ability to collaborate with others in the team.
- Be customer oriented and service minded.
- Possess abilities and have talent for teaching.
- Curiosity and ability to learn new technologies is necessary.
- Fluent oral and written in Portuguese and English.
- All certificates will be requested prior to the hiring process.
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We offer an inspiring, safe work-environment, the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Please duly note that we are only searching for candidates with Brazilian nationality or holders of a permanent Brazilian working Visa.
Work location: Rio de Janeiro
Point of contact: EasyCruit
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
Closing date by Nov 2nd, 2021