Kongsberg Maritime is seeking a Project Manager
Our oceans play a critical part in the fragile global ecosystem and KONGSBERG’s innovative technologies and commitment to sustainability help protect them. Sustainability is at the heart of everything KONGSBERG does. Founded in Norway in 1814, the Kongsberg Group boasts more than 200 years of business and advanced engineering excellence and employs around 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries.
The ideal candidate will get a thrill from playing a pivotal role in contributing to the company’s continued success while upholding Kongsberg’s values of Determination, Innovation, Collaboration and Reliability. You’ll work alongside a team of down-to-earth colleagues who are just as dedicated and ambitious as you are in their respective areas of expertise. The Project Manager will be based at Kongsberg’s New Orleans, LA or Houston, TX office.
As a Project Manager you’ll be responsible for the planning, preparation, and execution of our naval newbuild projects. This person will be accountable for managing the delivery of these select naval newbuild projects.
Responsibility & Tasks
• Contact point towards customer in all topics related to the project
• Deliver schedule planning. Monitor delivery times and costs. Resource planning and management
• Maintain ERP contract structure
• Continuously monitor and problem solve
• Change order management (contract and technical specification related)
• Planning of local training
• Delivery and shipping documentation
• Commissioning planning
• Warranty/claim management in partnership with Global Customer Support
• Coordinate and manage Product Classification
• Prepare and host quarterly/semi-annual program status review meetings w/ customers and their contractors
• Visit customer facilities and ships for meetings, technical assistance, acceptance testing and training requirements associated with assigned projects
• Provide technical support for bids and proposals as needed
• Passionate about working in a people and values driven advanced technology company?
• A practical project manager who enjoys a collaborative team environment of sharing ideas and a dedication to technical excellence?
• Curious to always find a better way of doing things and pushing the boundaries of what is possible?
Your Work Experience & Education
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
• At least 6 years of progressive project management experience with the ability to understand and drive highly diversified tasks and resources (PMP preferred)
• Financial experience beneficial
• Excellent knowledge of various technical specifications; Scope of Delivery
• Experience working with US government contracting officers (preferred)
• Knowledge of Kongsberg Maritime’s worldwide organization, products, deliveries, and customers is a big plus
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time including internationally (passport required)
• Must be a US Citizen as position will provide services to fulfil federal contracts
• Valid Passport
• Security clearance preferred
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve made it a top priority to keep our employees safe from COVID-19. Consistent with its duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards, Kongsberg Maritime has adopted a policy to safeguard the health and well-being of employees and their families, our customers and visitors, others who spend time in our facilities, customer installations, and the community from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that Kongsberg Maritime Inc.(or KUTL) requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated. All job offers will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
Your Skills, Traits & Style
• Structured mind-set and work methodology, with strong attention to detail
• Outstanding English communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent internal and external stakeholder management skills
• High level of customer service skills
• Positive attitude and ability to work well with other departments, product centers, and regional offices
• Analytical with an affinity to complex problem solving and time-management
• Self-sufficient and pragmatic—you get things done
• Committed and reliable
What we offer:
• A competitive compensation
• Excellent health care benefits, 401k plan, and tuition reimbursement
• A creative and innovative environment where individuals truly make a difference
• Working with state-of-the-art technology and products
• Personal and professional development in an international environment
• Excellent technical and personal challenges
• A team of highly qualified co-workers who are willing to share their knowledge and experience
New Orleans, LA or Remote