At Kongsberg Digital we aim to change things for the better. In 5 years, we have experienced strong growth by providing next generation software to our customers. By being a creator of complex digital solutions that are changing the fields within maritime, energy and utilities, we reinvent the way people work, and aim to make a safer and healthier planet for all of us.
Kongsberg are now launching a new Net Zero Digital energy business. This business will enable companies meet their Net Zero commitments by reducing emissions from traditional energy uses and improving the economics of greener energy sources, through providing open access to all their data in one place through a simple virtual digital interface, with customizable analytics.
- Develop a standalone emissions management solution to mitigate a business’s financial ESG risk and communicate delivery against Net Zero ambitions.
- Through this solution, the ability to access quantifiable, accountable data and use this to efficiently report and reduce emissions across a portfolio, improves transparency and reduces the uncertainty when assessing the ESG aspects of a business.
- The software is to be built on the foundation of our Digital Twin, and have already implemented a solution that measures, reports and reduces emissions as part of our broader Digital Twin deployment. We are now taking this capability and building it out for broader and dedicated use across industries.
In this new business we are now expanding our Product Team and looking for a Product Owner focusing on Emissions Management solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the development and execution of the Emission Management product strategy.
- Provide thorough evaluation and analysis on market, customer and user needs.
- Take initiatives to generate the right activities for product roadmap based on business strategy and requirements.
- Translate business requirements into product ideas and specifications.
- Develop fit-for-purpose data driven applications and feature designs.
- Participate and generate functional and non-functional specifications for development processes.
- Collaborate with development teams on furthering the realization of roadmap and participate in all agile development ceremonies.
- Design and develop solutions for the Net Zero Emission Management solution.
- Collaborate with the product managers, delivery teams, service representatives on customer needs and demands.
- Present product features and materials to customers.
- Support sales with datasheets, white papers, features’ lists, and materials.
- Challenge the status quo – Why is it like this, can there be a better way to do it.
To be a great fit for this position, you have:
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in Engineering (Process /Chemical/etc) or Renewable/ Sustainability Sciences from a reputed university with an excellent academic record.
- Specialization in information technology or systems is a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with digital systems and data driven applications leading agile software development in the role of Subject Matter Expert /Product Owner.
- Experience with continuous improvements especially in workflow and data analysis.
- Experience with Cloud based systems and SaaS business is a strong plus.
What you bring to the role:
Technical Skills & Expertise
- Key experience organizing product roadmaps, product backlogs, specifications and user documentation. Fundamental experience working on product design with development and UX teams is desirable.
- Relevant experience leading/working with customer delivery projects, trainings and customer management is a definitive plus.
- Relevant experience in driving data driven analytics in modern software systems is a plus. Knowledge with building mathematical, data driven ML models is an advantage.
- Experience on delivering integrated energy projects primarily on carbon capture.
Interpersonal & Digital Fluency
- Dynamic, forward leaning and proactive personality with excellent communication skills.
- Passion for the ESG domain.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong belief in team and delivering together.
- Strong commitment to ownership, responsibilities and cause of business and team by aligning with leadership and management.
- Ability to be creative and innovative on technology/non-technology areas is desirable.
- Excellent responsiveness with good reporting and presentation skills, verbal and written communication in English.
- Active experience in usage of modern team collaboration tools like Slack, MS Teams, etc. is necessary.
- Ability to write quality documentation like wikis, articles, blogs, etc. for internal and external use.
- Key networking skills with industry personnel and a respectable presence in domain, industry communities is desirable.
There is so much we offer, but most importantly, we provide:
- Flexible work environment to foster and support innovation and technical excellence.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Great career opportunities and possibility for personal development within a dynamic and innovative company
- An opportunity to guide our products, change the way our industry works, therefore support efficiency and improvements to our customers.
Please apply for this position through our LinkedIn posting at Product Owner - Emission Management Solutions