What do we do at Maritime Simulation and K-Sim Connect?
Kongsberg Digital provides advanced simulation systems for maritime education, training and studies. Our wide range of simulators enables customers to provide efficient and realistic training of students and crew in order to build vital skills that promotes safety, cost-efficiency and sustainability in operations at sea. K-Sim Connect is the cloud-based eco-system for maritime education and training.
As an integral part of our growing global technology team, you will lead the front-end architecture, delivery to build and maintain our next-gen product and enable untapped value streams in the education business of maritime industry.
Further, you will:
- Lead strong, scalable front-end architecture, code in line with the product vision, timelines and quality standard.
- Lead key research (MVP, POC) on front-end applications with an efficient turn-around time to help make strong product decisions.
- Deliver highly responsive, intuitive and high performance front-end applications for complex engineering domain.
- Champion expertise on modern front-end technologies, architecture and design. Lead the team to deliver modular, scalable and high performance code.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to work and move the development ahead in a dynamic, fast pasted, agile driven work environment.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, solution architect, senior personnel, team to drive the quality and architecture of the front-end applications.
- Be a change agent on key innovation and research to keep the product, team at the cutting edge of technical and product innovation.
- Drive discussions to decisions through excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be decisive through excellent situation awareness on timelines, quality and other critical parameters for the deliveries.
- Lead the team to stay informed on latest visual technologies and trends in the industry.
- Champion front-end technologies, best practices, design and architecture in the organization.
To be a fit for this position, you have:
- Masters/Bachelor Degree in Engineering from a reputed university with an excellent academic record.
- Certification on relevant technologies, Architecture is a definite plus.
- 10-12 years of relevant industry experience with at least 5+ years of architecture and design experience on complex front-end systems.
- 5+ years working in distributed agile development teams in product/project development working with international team and stakeholders.
What are we looking for?
- Experience with vector graphic/drawing heavy application using canvas, svg, image processing with low-level integration. Familiarity with KONVA for 2D rendering is a plus.
- Expertise with object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and asynchronous systems.
- Expertise in building highly responsive, intuitive and high performance web applications.
- Expertise with HTML5, CSS3, LESS, SASS, SCSS
- Expertise with modern architecture and design patterns for front-end systems: Component, Message Driven, MVC, View Model Separation, Micro-Frontends and others.
- Expertise with unit tests using Jasmine, Karma.
- Expertise using NPM, Web-Pack, Gulp for bundling and packaging.
- Expertise using Git for version control, release and branching strategies.
- Experience with C#.Net, .Net Core, Web API, Azure Cloud, DevOps, CI/CD is a plus.
- Experience in database technologies (relational/non-relational), messaging and caching is a plus.
- Experience with maritime ecosystem, simulations or online learning platforms is a definite plus.
- Passion for technology, challenges and quality with a dynamic, forward leaning and proactive personality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to drive meaningful value to collaboration with a strong belief in team and delivering together.
- Strong commitment to ownership, responsibilities and cause of business and team by aligning with leadership and management.
- Excellent responsiveness with good reporting and presentation skills.
- Ability to inspire, motivate the team and be assertive-congenial in the right mix.
Ability to write quality wikis/articles/blogs for internal and external use. Respectable presence in technology and architecture communities.