Did you know that KSAT, one of the world's leading companies within the space industry, has their headquarters in Tromsø, Norway – and that we’re on our way to the moon? The space industry is growing rapidly, and we are trying to keep up with the ever-changing environment. And we are continuously developing new was to connect space and earth!
Our vision is to be at the forefront of creating communication between space and earth for exploration, communication, and increased understanding of the planet. Doing this, we give our customers a better foundation for their decisions.
Would you like to:
· Shape the future of the space industry
· Modernize and automate an out of this world industry
· Work with advanced technologies, and develop brand new products
· Collaborate with some of the smartest people on earth, working with a global portfolio of customers
As a summer intern at KSAT you will either join KSATlite or KSAT DevOps, at KSAT.
At the start of the internship, you will be put into complementary teams, with students from different background. You will work on the same tasks that some of our full-time employees are working on, and your contribution will be substantial. At the end of your internship, you will present your work to the rest of KSAT with your team.
We are looking for students who have completed at 2 years of higher education in the summer of 2023. We want students with an interest in working in the fast-paced environment of the NewSpace sector. We are looking for both technical and non-technical students.
Past KSAT summer interns have worked on:
· Automatingground station operations and antenna testing
· Developing brand new APIs
· Conducting business analytics, including modelling network loading and forecasting gross-monthly revenue
· Developing new satellite tracking methods
· Designing new satellite communication concepts
· Developing systems for anomaly detection on ground and in space using machine learning
· Forecasting orbital conflicts, and predicting RFI, at ground stations
· Creating a reservation tool that can schedule contacts across the grounds station network
Qualifications and interests:
· Studying engineering, technology, economics, or similar
· Interest to contribute and change the space industry is a plus (but not mandatory)
· Experience from a start-up ecosystem is a plus (but not mandatory)
· Personal attributes we value: Accountability & responsibility – show up and set out to accomplish the things you had said you would do!
· Creative problem-solving – bring innovative ideas and challenge the status quo.
· Honesty and open communication – let the team know when we go the wrong (or the correct) way!
What we can offer you this summer:
· Facility for personal and professional growth
· Competitive salary
· The tools you need to do the work
· 1-2 weeks of vacation as agreed with KSAT
· Working closely with real space engineers, developing solutions that will be used by space companies around the world
· Fun environment and social gatherings
Practical information about the Internship:
· The period of the internship is June to August
· Attach a copy of your transcripts when you apply
We will handle applications continuously.
KSAT see the importance of ensure diversity in the company by taking gender, age and cultural background into account during recruitment.
You must be fit for the position, meet the conditions for Norwegian security clearance and be able to be authorized and suitable for the position. Final candidates will have to complete a background check of Semac.
Arne Nylund, Senior Director Software Engineering
mob: +47 48094060
Edvard Foss, Project Manager KSATlite
mob: +47 48 22 45 32
Prestvannvegen 38 9011 Tromsø