Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation, and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication
For inspiration and more info watch this video and visit: Kongsberg Maritime
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Fully subsidized health & welfare benefits with an option of a high deductible plan which includes an employer contribution towards your health savings account
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture
Do you want to be part of Kongsberg Maritime’s future with a fast-track technical position that will give you an opportunity to learn new skills in exciting maritime applications? We are currently looking for a highly motivated Field Service Engineer – EAC to join our team.
As a Field Service Engineer for EAC, you will be responsible for supporting automation and propulsion control systems delivered by Kongsberg Maritime.
- Service onboard vessels with KM Systems
- Troubleshooting via Phone and Email support lines
- Execute service assignments as requested by the customer
- Timely and accurate completion of service reports, timesheets and expense reports following service assignments per Work Order
- Production and updates to As-Built Documentation
- Developing own qualifications through internal/external training courses
- Support sales and marketing with technical information
- Interface with customer and internal engineering groups
- Willingness to travel up to 50-70%
- Provide preventative and corrective maintenance to Kongsberg electrical and control systems
- Read and interpret drawings and controls system architecture
- PC competency (networking, troubleshooting, module modification)
- Use of electrical and hydraulic pressure measurement tools
- Understanding of Power Management Systems, generators, and governor control functionality for generators and main engines
- AC/DC electrical motors
- Familiar with communication protocols (CAN, 232,422,485, TCP/IP, etc)
- Complete and submit timesheets and expenses in a timely fashion
- Ownership over assigned cases and/or service trips
- Suggest improvements to our products and report needs to Service Manager or product department
- Make proactive suggestions to customers on available upgrades and new products while visiting onboard
- Carry out actions to prevent errors within our delivery and after sales deliveries
- Support Aftermarket Sales with aftersales quotations
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Electromechanical, Computer Engineering or equivalent industry/military training
- Knowledge of general Electrical/Electronic control system concepts such as PID controllers, filters, communication protocols.
- Ability to produce and interpret technical documentation
- Ability to troubleshoot low voltage electrical components, use of multimeters, etc.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and mechanical process
- Must be Hands-On and curious
- Experience with PLC / SCADA systems and their architecture is highly desired
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills and fluent in English
KONGSBERG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.