Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales, and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation, and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication
For inspiration and more info watch this video and visit: Kongsberg Maritime
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Fully subsidized health & welfare benefits with an option of a high deductible plan which includes an employer contribution towards your health savings account
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Field Service Engineer – Water Jets, reporting to Regional Manager Propulsion– North America. In this role, you will primarily work with various Kongsberg propulsion mechanical/hydraulic services, commissioning and upgrades related to the product portfolio. The position requires availability to travel (domestic and international) to attend service and training in planned or short notice demands including weekends and holidays, whenever required.
- Field Service Activities. (Capability (hands-on) in place for Mechanical work but (at least) basic knowledge should be on Controls to perform basic troubleshooting).
- Technical Support and link between customer and product center for customer issues.
- Customer Training (End user and Basic troubleshooting)
- Proactive Sales Activities (Visit local customers and boat builders, proactively identifying upgrade opportunities)
- Installation and commissioning support for new builds
- Supporting “Made in USA” project
- Support the Workshop in Seattle and New Orleans
- Support with Sales and Marketing Activities.
- Undertake relevant routine maintenance, repair, and commissioning work on Propulsion equipment in accordance with maintenance contracts
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and work order requests to determine necessary steps for maintenance and repair
- Inspect, analyze, record calibration results, and produce Service and Technical Reports
- Create maintenance service records/recommendations and provide them to the Service Coordination team and customer
- Advise customers on additional propulsion products and service offerings for potential upgrade options
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent education in an Engineering and/or Technical Discipline and/or minimum of three years of Propulsion Field Service experience in the Marine Industry
- Strong verbal communication and written reporting skills in English language
- Microsoft 365 package user level
- Valid Passport
- Authorized to work lawfully in the US without company sponsorship
- Availability to travel with short notice, after hours, holidays/weekend, for long periods both locally and internationally
You are able to:
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Make an impact, convince, and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
- Adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- Analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- Communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way
- Team building skills
- Assist in workshop projects as required