Join Our Global Team!
Do you dream of working and traveling worldwide? Here's your chance to make it happen! We're looking for a Service Engineer to join our global navigation team. In this role, you'll be responsible for performing service, troubleshooting, maintenance, and commissioning of new systems, as well as providing technical support for our offshore customers.
At Field Service Navigation we are responsible for our sailing fleet with installed K-Bridge Navigation systems, with Radar, Autopilot, ECDIS, GNSS, GMDSS, VDR & Steering solutions. We have one of the most advanced and sophisticated Navigation systems in the industry and are always pushing for new innovations. We support complete Navigation systems where we also integrate other systems like, DP and Automation into a optimal solution for the customer. We have installation on Drilling rigs, Tankers, LNG, Cruises, Mega yachts and much more.
At Kongsberg Maritime, we believe in a culture of teamwork and collaboration. You'll work alongside a supportive team that's dedicated to your success. Plus, you'll receive extensive training before traveling the world.
Both newly graduates and experienced workers with the right background will be considered.
- Technical support, assistance and service for navigation systems world-wide
- Remote support and digital solutions for navigation systems to internal and external customers
- Commissioning of new systems and modifications / Refit of existing fleets
- Assist in annual sea trials
- Provide in-house technical support by phone and email to internal and external customers
- Engineering and Production of technical documentation
- Be part of 24/7 Support organisation with Duty Phone responsibility
- Inhouse FAT/IAT and test of new Navigation Platforms.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or other relevant technical education
- Experience from maritime industry is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel on short notice
- Meet the health requirements that apply for offshore work
- Meet the requirements for applying for work visa worldwide
- Fluent written and spoken English and Norwegian language
- This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- Be service minded, and customer focused
- Act on your initiative, make things happen, and accept responsibility for the results
- Adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities to complete tasks.
- Analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments and solutions
- Cooperate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information, and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What We Offer
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package with excellent development opportunities in an international environment. We also have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. You'll work in an inspiring and safe work environment with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Kristian Bjørnstad, Group Manager
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
Applications are processed on an ongoing basis, apply today!
Engineering (all disciplines)
Engineering - electrical
Engineering - service
Mobile: +47 91552181