There has never been a more exciting time to work in Kongsberg Maritime than right now. You will be joining the organization at a time when digital innovation is key to the success of the company, and we want people to help us shape this journey.
Sensing Solutions in Trondheim develops, manufactures, and delivers sensors and sensor systems for the maritime market. Main product areas are Tank Gauging Systems, Machinery Instrumentation Systems and Condition Monitoring Systems.
Due to increased workload and to strengthen our team, we are now looking for a Project Engineer to join our Project Department at Grilstad, Trondheim.
Your task is to understand the needs of the ship or project and to configure our systems to meet the specified requirements. You will be using our in-house automation platform (K-Chief) and working closely with the project manager and project team members.
- Software configuration of systems
- Support during system commissioning
- Responsible for software readiness for Internal Acceptance Test (IAT) and Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
- Close cooperation with project teams world wide
Education and skills
- Relevant technical university degree, e.g: automation, electronics, instrumentation, cybernetics or telecommunication. Relevant experience may compensate for a formal degree.
- Customer focused and positive attitude
- Good English and Norwegian. Our everyday language is Norwegian, but as a part of an international company, with global customers, we write, read and speak English on a daily basis
- Field experience from maritime, shipping and/or offshore oil & gas installations is an advantage
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Information about our products in Sensing Solution at Grilstad
Tank management products: https://www.kongsberg.com/no/maritime/products/tank-gauging-and-measurment-systems/
Condition monitoring and machinery products: https://www.kongsberg.com/maritime/products/engines-engine-room-and-automation-systems/condition-monitoring/
Point of contact
Olav Viken, +4792647201
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace
Our Automation & Control division develops technology, products, and solutions applicable for maritime vessels, offshore production units, and fisheries & aquaculture. We look at the ocean space as our operating area where we deliver a wide range of products and services. Our deliveries ranges from single products to fully integrated systems and solutions. Automation & Control serve a wide range of market segments. Through our comprehensive portfolio of offerings Automation & Control has been recognized as a world leader in our core markets for the last decades.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
Engineering (all disciplines)
Engineering - software/programming
Mobile: +47 92647201