An exciting opportunity has arisen as Software Engineer. In this role, you will be a part of the Real-time Control department delivering common platform technologies to the business.
In this role, you will be working with advanced real-time control and embedded systems. Your responsibility will include analysis, design, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of software to run on our own controllers and I/O modules. You should have an interest in real-time programming, as well as being self-driven with interest and curiosity in relevant technologies.
- Real-time software development
- Troubleshooting and debugging software problems
- Embedded systems
- Real-time control systems and applications
- I/O systems and data exchange mechanisms
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in fields relevant for the position
- Familiarity with C/C++ programming
- Preferably experience with analysis and design with UML
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning OPC UA
- Self-driven and confident of own technical expertise
- Service minded and a passion for solving complex problems
- Excellent Norwegian and/or English communication skills
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority, clearance through Civil Aviation Authority or a background check.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- comply to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach to analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
Point of contact
Nicolai Nilsen, Department Manager, tel.: +47 970 30 323
Kongsberg Maritime is a technology pioneer, enabling a more sustainable future for our oceans. Our zero-emission integrated technologies advance the maritime industry and solve our customers' toughest problems. With unmatched competence, domain knowledge, innovation, and market reach, we are the trusted maritime partner. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries
Our Automation & Control division develops technology, products, and solutions applicable for maritime vessels, offshore production units, and fisheries & aquaculture. We look at the ocean space as our operating area where we deliver a wide range of products and services. Our deliveries ranges from single products to fully integrated systems and solutions. Automation & Control serve a wide range of market segments. Through our comprehensive portfolio of offerings Automation & Control has been recognized as a world leader in our core markets for the last decades.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We work determined to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and planet
Engineering (all disciplines)
Mobile: +47 97030323