Kongsberg Gruppen ASA is looking for a Senior Tax Manager to join the Group Tax Function. We need an experienced replacement in our tax function, with primary focus on direct tax, to provide proactive advice and compliance support for all group entities.
As Senior Tax Manager you will report to Head of Tax in Kongsberg Gruppen ASA. You will proactively assist our business by leading the global direct tax compliance effort in cooperation with the Business Areas and with support of external advisors. You will support the Group and Business Areas in the tax report- and budgeting processes. You will provide support in Organic and M&A opportunities, capital and legal structuring, reorganization, and tax optimization in general. Further, you will assist in other areas such as transfer pricing, handling of permanent establishments, preparation of guidelines and development of internal controls, and work on general improvements of the Group Tax Function etc.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Develop strong working relationships with business, finance, and tax leadership across the global organization and collaborate on significant tax matters affecting the operations
- Continue our effort to managing taxes in the countries and regions through cooperation between Group Tax, finance resources through the Group, and our advisors
- Collaborate on strategic tax initiatives impacting the Company's operations including organic growth ventures, mergers and acquisitions, cross-border financing and repatriation, and tax credit and tax incentive opportunities
- Proactively work with business to structure operations to promote and monitor tax efficiency, identify, and mitigate tax risk and establish controls as required
- Oversee tax operations in areas of compliance, tax provisioning and audits, and actively engage in quarterly and annual financial reporting and budget processes
- Review relevant tax filings for completeness and technical accuracy including proper elections and disclosures, and advise on the impact of transactions, Identify and document relevant uncertain tax positions affecting the global tax provision
- Maintain and enhance global tax policies and processes to help foster a strong control and governance environment within the tax function,
- Work closely with and manage tax advisers when required
- Finance or Law master graduate with professional qualifications from a university or similar institution
- Minimum 6 years' tax of relevant experience, gained either from a top-tier advisory firm (accountant, law etc.), from within a multinational group and/or tax administration
- Strong experience in domestic and international corporate tax regulations
- Experience with financial accounts and tax reporting in general
- Some experience with M&A activities, such as tax due diligence processes etc.
- Interest in Indirect Tax, Transfer Pricing and PE allocation
- Understanding of tax governance, policies and internal controls
- Strong communications skills
You have good business understanding and good analytical skills. As Senior Tax Manager you need strong communications skills in both Norwegian and English. You have the ability to relate well to people at all levels and to establish networks.
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- An international Corporate Culture founded on our four values; determined, innovative, collaborative and reliable
- A strong development opportunity
- Competitive salary, Insurance and Pension schemes
Some travelling must be expected.
Working location: Lysaker/Oslo or Kongsberg according to personal preference.