What do we do at Maritime Simulation and K-Sim Connect?
Kongsberg Digital provides advanced simulation systems for maritime education, training and studies. Our wide range of simulators enables customers to provide efficient and realistic training of students and crew in order to build vital skills that promotes safety, cost-efficiency and sustainability in operations at sea.
K-Sim Connect is the cloud-based eco-system for maritime education and training.
- Masters/Bachelor Degree in Engineering from a reputed university with an excellent academic record.
- Certification on Azure, Architecture or Technology is a definite plus.
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience with at least 5+ years of solution/system architecture and leading delivery teams.
- 10+ years working in distributed agile development teams in product/project development with at least 5+ years of experience with international stakeholders/customers.
- 5+ years on Azure Cloud platform. Any exposure to other cloud platforms is a plus.
Technical Skills & Expertise
- Azure Cloud: Kubernetes (AKS), Docker (containerization using windows OS is preferable),
- Architecture & Design Patterns: Micro services, Cloud Native Architecture, Message Driven Architecture, Domain Driven Design, Service Oriented Architecture
- Programming languages: Hands on expertise with C#.Net, .Net Core, Web API, Perl/Python scripting
- Experience with maritime ecosystem or online learning platforms is a definite plus.
Interpersonal & Digital Fluency
- Passion for technology, challenges and quality with a dynamic, forward leaning and proactive personality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to drive meaningful value to collaboration with a strong belief in team and delivering together.
- Strong commitment to ownership, responsibilities and cause of business and team by aligning with leadership and management.
- Ability to inspire, motivate the team and be assertive and congenial in the right mix is necessary.
Technology & Delivery
- Deliver strong, scalable architecture in line with the product vision, timelines and quality standard.
- Deliver key research (MVP, POC) with an efficient turn-around time to help make strong product decisions.
- Take responsibility of the product cloud platform from development to deployment. Ensure operational aspects of the cloud platform with minimal down time to support continuous operations for the customers.
- Demonstrate key understanding and expertise on modern technologies, architecture and design. Mentor the team to deliver modular, scalable and high performance code.
- Demonstrate leadership in interaction with product stakeholders and management to drive the team ahead in a dynamic, fast pasted, agile driven work environment.
- Champion product architecture and vision with stakeholders, fellow architects, senior personnel and team.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to drive discussions to decisions.
- Demonstrate decisiveness through excellent situation awareness on timelines, quality and other critical parameters for the deliveries.
- Champion cloud technology, architecture in the organization.
As soon as possible