Kongsberg Maritime delivers products and systems for positioning, navigation and automation to various vessels and offshore installations, as well as products and systems for seabed surveying and monitoring.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Workshop Engineer, who wants to play a key role within the Kongsberg team. The Workshop Engineer will have responsibility for providing technical support for the full range of products operated by the Rental and Base Services functions.
- Responsible for the maintenance and preparation of rental equipment to customer specification and ensuring that the product is delivered as ordered.
- Provide assistance on technical support of Rental pool products and other agreed products to internal/external customers by telephone, email and site visits.
- Assist Workshop Supervisor in solving technical problems together with Customer Support staff in UK and Norway.
- Carry out off-site installation and commissioning of rental products when necessary.
- Perform the test/inspection and repair of customer equipment returned for evaluation, service or repair, in a timely manner and in accordance to Company processes/procedures.
- Produce service reports listing items and time required to perform the repair.
- Carry out the repair and final test of equipment on receipt of customer purchase order
- Assist in the process of returning customer equipment to parent/sister offices for external repair.
- Monitor the status of customer repair jobs and ensure all data is entered correctly and kept up-to-date on service database(s).
- Liaise with parent/sister companies and customers in support of Base Service operations
- Report equipment problems and improvements back to product responsible departments and via appropriate QMS procedures.
- Promote correct use of KM procedures, processes, service tools and databases.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge on all products supported by Base Service/Rental departments through formal training and self-learning.
- Participate in regular departmental meetings.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including computer literacy.
- Able to handle several activities simultaneously.
- Able to work proactively alone and in a team environment.
- Good customer support and people skills.
- Education to a minimum of HNC in Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience of electronics in the field or base
- Valid EU Passport or other current permission to work in the UK
- Valid UK driving licence
Additional Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- Valid fork lift certificate
- Valid Offshore Survival Certificate.
- Valid OGUK Medical Certificate.
Previous experience of working in an equipment rental environment.