Kongsberg Digital (KDI) is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas, and renewables & utilities. The company consists of more than 500 software experts with leading competence within internet of things, smart data, artificial intelligence, automation and autonomous operations.
We are now looking for a cloud developer to join our team.
Why work as a cloud developer for Kongsberg Digital? You will join our SiteCom® core development team in Kristiansand (Norway). SiteCom® is the market leader of Real-Time Drilling systems. Our customers are all leading operators and service companies, and we have a global market presence.
The job will include:
- Architectural Design and Programming work. You will own parts of the code base
- Assist in requirements definition when needed and advise on development direction
- Interact with customer's and users to assist in problem solving and business case realization
- Increase your area of responsibility, as you grow in your career
You will interact with highly qualified engineers and professionals in the whole of Kongsberg Digital, shaping the Kognifai™ platform and the next generation industrial software.
What are we looking for?
- Master/bachelor's in computer science, software engineering, or similar relevant education
- Comprehensive software technology understanding, including development of cloud-based systems and SaaS
- Exceptional programming skills and demonstrated results. A track record of hands-on design, coding, and debugging experience.
- Ability to work independently. Make solid plans and execute on them successfully
- Ability to work collaborative in teams and ready to take a leading role
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English
It would also be an advantage if you have:
- Experience with software development using cloud infrastructures (Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS), Microservices-based architecture, Container and Application PaaS (Docker, Kubernetes, CloudFoundry), DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis CI), and/or application monitoring analytics (ELK stack, New Relic)
- Experience with C#, .Net, and Azure/SQL Server
- Familiarity with and understanding of security technologies
What do we offer?
- An interesting position within a dynamic and innovative company
- Career opportunities and personal development
- A corporate culture in Kongsberg where we live by our values: RELIABLE, DETERMINED, INNOVATIVE, COLLABORATIVE
- Competitive total compensation
If you have source code published on GitHub or similar, please feel free to include a link, we would love to see your work. Click her to apply.
Sounds exciting? Then join us on our journey to World Class - through People, Technology and Dedication.