Do you want to develop the next generation space-based systems for protecting people & planet?
Satellite Systems Engineer
The Space and Surveillance division at Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace has more than 30 years of experience within the space business and delivers a broad spectrum of equipment, systems and services related to space-based surveillance in more than 40 countries.
Next year, KONGSBERG is taking a leading role in several upcoming projects within the European Defence Fund. The Fund will increase our technological edge and develop key capabilities for resilience and the protection of our societies.
As a systems engineer you will be a part of a highly competent and motivated team. You will manage many challenging and exciting engineering tasks within a rapidly growing business area and work for increased European security and a greener world.
- Contribute to the development of satellite ground segments , including concepts of operation, satellite-to-ground link designs and translate mission requirements into ground segment system specifications
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering. Other relevant studies, courses or experience can weigh up for lack of formal education.
- Experience from systems engineering
- Technical background from space systems, including ground station technologies is advantageous
- Good communications skills in English, both spoken and written
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered exiting work in an international environment. We have flexible working hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer possibilities for 50% hybrid working with a furniture package, good pension plan and other insurances. Our on-boarding includes a mentor/buddy.
The candidates will have the possibility to have office location in any of the KDA Space & Surveillance sites available, based on personal preference and after agreement with the relevant manager (Tromsø, Kongsberg, Kjeller, Horten, other sites available per request)
The position will require Norwegian and NATO security clearance.
Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace AS is a wholly owned subsidiary of KONGSBERG and consists of seven business areas, each with a world-class product portfolio and a proven track record. Our divisions, and their 3.300 employees, strive to develop and offer innovative and reliable solutions for extreme conditions worldwide.
Ingeniør (alle disipliner)
Bergmannsveien 241 3616 Kongsberg