Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace AS (KDA) is a business area in the Kongsberg Group. KDA is Norway's leading supplier of defence and space-related systems. We develop and supply command-, control- and communication systems, surveillance systems, missiles and are manufacturers of advanced composite products for the aircraft and helicopter market.
KDA Sustainability is a part of KDA Legal & Compliance Department, and has the main responsibility for leading and coordinating the work within the sustainability area in KDA.
Director Sustainability reports to EVP Legal & Compliance.
We are now looking for a new Director Sustainability who can strengthen us in this work, and who is enthusiastic and has an engagement for sustainability. You will be working closely with KDA’s Business Units, other staff functions in KDA, Group functions at corporate level and other Business Areas.
You will be part of a team that are continuously working on making improvements. In this role, you will lead KDA’s Department for Sustainability. In addition to this role, the team consist of two persons, a CSR Manager and a Senior Advisor Sustainability, who will be reporting to you. Main focus areas for the team are climate, environment and sustainable supply chain.
The successful candidates have:
• Relevant educational background and experience, preferably from working in an international and complex organization
• Good knowledge of relevant national and international laws, regulations and frameworks
• Strong business understanding, analytical skills and sound independent judgement
• Knowledge and experience with non-financial and financial reporting will be an advantage
• Collaborative mindset and the ability to lead teams
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Norwegian and English, verbal and written
• The position requires that you can get a Norwegian security clearance.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Coordinate sustainability activities in KDA
• Support KDA Management Team in the implementation of KDA’s sustainability strategy
• Perform and maintain risk and opportunity assessment within your areas of responsibility
• Lead, coordinate and compile sustainability reporting to Group level
• Oversee and follow up a variety of internal sustainability projects and activities, e.g. within circular economy, product life cycle assessment and responsible supply chain, including preparation for the Transparency Act
• Plan, coordinate and report training activities within the sustainability area
• Develop, maintain and implement relevant processes, procedures and supporting documents
• Stay up to date and share competence on key sustainability & ESG trends and legislations.
What we can offer:
• An interesting and challenging position with excellent opportunities for development
• A dynamic and innovative workplace where you are encouraged to share your knowledge
• Competitive conditions
Main office is Kongsberg, with the possibility to work part-time from home office.