Kongsberg Maritime Namibia (Pty) Ltd is representing Kongsberg Maritime’s business units and product lines in Africa. We are currently looking for a high-performing person for Field Service Engineer - Propulsion and Handling. In this role you will be a part of the Mechanical Propulsion and Handling team for Field Service. The role will be based in Kongsberg Maritime Namibia, 2nd Street East, Old Power Station, PO Box 4414, Walvis Bay, Namibia.
- Inspection/repair of drive system products in accordance with applicable procedures and regulations
- Support with Technical Support Customer inquiries together with Technical Support resource and Propulsion and Handling Service Team
- Support and collaborate with different teams.
- Continuous improvement and development of the process related to the commissioning, repairs, and overhauls products
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering mechanics or equal
- Min 3-year experience on Marine Propulsion or Engines.
- Both Mechanical and Control system (electrical) knowledge
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- High focus on problem solving
- High motivation to work
- Ability to exercise judgement and act on own initiative
- Willingness to travel a lot
- Experience within marine industry is considered as an advantage
- Fluent spoken and written English
What we offer:
- Working in an internationally environment/stable company
- Participation in various trainings and other forms of raising skills and competences
- Unique atmosphere in a team sharing expertise
- Collaboration with various departments and disciplines within our global organization
- Attractive salary and benefits
- Interesting experience and opportunity for personal development
If you would like to apply for the above-mentioned position, send your CV in English version.
The position reports to Managing Director of Kongsberg Maritime Namibia
For more information, please contact:
Managing Director, Kongsberg Maritime Namibia
T +264 (0)64 275 444 | M +264 (0)811 405 760
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two hundred year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We work determined to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.
Protechting people and plane