An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Commercial Marine business for the key role of Field Service Engineer. The role will be based out of our Dunfermline office however, the successful candidate should expect to travel both within the UK and Globally on a regular basis.
The Service Engineer will work within a team of twelve service engineers supporting our customers throughout the world. On most projects, the engineer will be the sole representative of Kongsberg Maritime on site, working alongside shipyard or vessel staff.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a direct operational support service to our customers, and independently carry out on-site repairs / overhauls on our products.
- Undertake routine on-site overhaul, repair and service operations within a defined workscope on Kongsberg products
- Conduct inspections to defined standards to ensure conformance to specifications
- Maintain and update all necessary technical documentation
- Provide work direction and technical guidance to others in-field, coordinating internal and external resource in support of product maintenance and recovery action in accordance with customer contracted requirements
- Repair Kongsberg systems on board customers vessels
- Install and commission upgrades to control systems
- Carry out sea trials on Kongsberg equipment
- Commission Kongsberg equipment including propulsions and steering gear control systems
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with applicable legal and Company procedures, including Health & Safety policies
- A motivated individual with the ability to work with little supervision and use their own initiative
- A good tolerance for managing pressure / stressful situations with demonstrated good conflict management
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- City in Guilds, National Qualifications, HNC/HND or country equivalent qualification in electrical/electonic engineering discipline
- Previous experience in a field service, customer-facing role would be an advantage
- Strong understanding and knowledge of a range of marine products, systems and applications
- Ability to travel worldwide on a regular basis at short notice
- Valid EU Passport or other current permission to work in the UK
- Customer Focus
- Results Driven
- Problem Solving
For further information regarding Kongsberg Maritime please visit: www.km.kongsberg.com