At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance in extreme conditions. We deliver world-class products and services which are the basis of the solutions that deliver benefits to our customers. Do you want to be part of our journey as part of our Supply Chain team leading change?
Deck Machinery & Motion control’s (DMMC) project portfolio stretches from merchant shipping deck machinery deliveries, steering gear and rudders to complex system deliveries for fishing, research and offshore vessels.
In the position of Strategic Procurement Manager, you will be a focal point for our projects handling our sub-suppliers; ensuring good risk management, responsible for development and execution of the Product Sourcing Strategy and accountable for supplier relationship management of supply chain for Steering Gear range. You will report to the head of Strategic Procurement in DMMC and be an important contributor to the project organization.
DMMC has a high focus on a strong supplier portfolio, running a profitable business and we are entering into new product and market areas. We are therefore strengthening our team and is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Strategic Procurement Manager. This will require an open mindset, impatient and at the same time preservative attitude.
- Lead and execute sourcing processes where competition, “should cost” and the right conditions are key. Hereunder establish supplier strategies and market analysis, active supplier development, perform RFQ processes including evaluation and being a force for solid supplier framework.
- Support KM’s tender processes; hereunder cost base verifications, establishment of back to back agreements, ensuring compliance throughout the process, “natural” currency hedging where possible and in general contribute to value creation for DMMC and KONGSBERG.
- Be a key player in the project execution phase, making sure the suppliers are delivering on the agreed terms, cost, time and quality.
- Continuously challenge our existing supplier base through being pro-active and strategic, working for cost-optimized solutions throughout the value chain.
- Be a driver for new initiatives within the supplier base through seeking new products and suppliers together with KM’s technical- and sales-resources.
- Lead and coordinate the segment responsibility within DMMC.
- Contribute to and actively work for excellent cooperation within the KM supply chain community and across divisions and functions – live the KONGSBERG values.
- Technical, economical or other relevant background
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with international trade
- Experience with contract preparations, negotiations and execution (from sales or/and procurement)
- Good presentation skills
- Good communication skills in both English and Norwegian. Other languages in addition is an advantage.
You are able to
- develop an ambitious, but realistic business vision and translate it into a workable strategy
- identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- provide your team with a clear direction, inspire and coordinate others and keep them focused on objectives
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to ensure business requirement are achieved.
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- We offer flexible working hours
- We offer hybrid working arrangement
We seek to find a person who sees openings rather than boundaries; if you are looking for new challenges in an international environment, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity!
Place of work: Ålesund. You can expect some domestic and international travel (Mostly Asia and Europe)
For further information, please contact:
VP Supply Chain DMMC – Anita Lervik Telephone: +47 91302560 or Strategic Procurement Manager DMMC James Luton Telephone: +44 7774018156
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication