Project Engineer - Stability
An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Project Engineer in our world class Ship Design Solutions team. Kongsberg Ship Design has a proud history of 50 years delivering designs for a wide portfolio of vessels and is celebrating vessel #1000 this year. Visit our web page for more information https://www.kongsberg.com/maritime/ship-design/
As an Engineer/Senior Engineer Stability the job tasks will be related to development of our portfolio of vessels within the UT-Design and NVC-Design range of vessels. The role will cover development work and documentation in sales phase and follow-up work during construction phase.
You will be part of multidisciplinary project teams where good communication and co-operation skills are important.
- Documentation of Intact stability, damage stability, capacities, tonnage, tankplan etc (Napa Software)
- Vessel weight estimates (ShipWeight software)
- Sea-keeping analysis
- Sales support and customer activities
- Communication with building yards and approval process with Flag, Authorities and classification societies
- Other relevant background that will strengthen your application: Hull design and CFD analysis, DP capability analysis, speed and power analysis
Qualifications and experience
- Master or Bachelor Degree.
- Relevant experience from Yard, classification companies or consultancy (>3-5 years).
- This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- comply to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Professional development and career opportunities
- We offer the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future
Ålesund or Hjørungavåg
Point of contact
Einar Vegsund, Director Ship Design Solutions
Mob: +47 90 97 90 73
Jan Ove Hareide, Team Manager Stability & hydrodynamics
Mob: +47 41 57 46 90
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
- Møre og Romsdal
Engineering (all disciplines)
Ålesund or Hjørungavåg