Principal Engineer - LNG & FGSS Projects
Ship owners and charterers increasingly seek energy efficient solutions to prepare their vessels for operations of today and tomorrow. This drives our department to constantly challenge the solutions we deliver and the way we work to engineer, configure, and maintain automation systems. With core responsibility for LNG applications, the transition fuel to zero-emission, we adapt our solutions to assist customer requirements for meeting the new emission regulations.
We seek a highly experienced professional within the field of LNGC, FSRU, and FLNG marine control systems.
Join our accomplished and diverse LNG automation delivery team, and seize the chance to play a role in the maritime industry's transition to sustainability. We are a well-established company with over two centuries of industrial history, offering a robust platform for your career.
In the role of Principal Engineer for LNG & FGSS projects, you will have an important role within our bid teams, meticulously analyzing technical scope and cost. Additionally, you'll serve as the technical leader for internal improvement initiatives and act as the department's foremost authority on the latest rules, regulations, standards, and best practicesThis also includes developing an extensive knowledge of product lines relevant for the LNG market.
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority, clearance through Civil Aviation Authority or a background check.
You are able to
• Effectively communicate in both Norwegian and English, both in writing and spoken.Analyse complex technical issues and come up with rational judgments
• Use a methodical, systems engineering approach, to document internal and external requirements during bid and pre-engineering
• Being able to identify, plan and execute continuous improvement projects
• Plan ahead, define clear priorities, and share knowledge, experience and information in the pursuit of team goals
• Comply to company processes and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
• Contribute to our positive, stable and re-assuring work atmosphere
What we can offer
• Professional and personal development and career opportunities
• A knowledge based and inspiring work environment with many skilled colleagues sharing their deep knowledge with you
• Competitive pay, benefits and terms, including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes, in a company with long and rich history
• Flexible working hours
• Hybrid working arrangement
Kongsberg, or other KM location in Norway
Point of contact
Svein Erik Gunbjørnsen, Department Manager, +4790611351
Kongsberg Maritime is a technology pioneer, enabling a more sustainable future for our oceans. Our zero-emission integrated technologies advance the maritime industry and solve our customers' toughest problems. With unmatched competence, domain knowledge, innovation, and market reach, we are the trusted maritime partner. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries
Our Automation & Control division develops technology, products, and solutions applicable for maritime vessels, offshore production units, and fisheries & aquaculture. We look at the ocean space as our operating area where we deliver a wide range of products and services. Our deliveries ranges from single products to fully integrated systems and solutions. Automation & Control serve a wide range of market segments. Through our comprehensive portfolio of offerings Automation & Control has been recognized as a world leader in our core markets for the last decades..
Protechting people and planet
- Vestfold og Telemark
Engineering (all disciplines)
Svein Erik Gunbjørnsen
Mobile: +47 90611351