Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Field Service professional, reporting to Deck Machinery and Motion Control Regional Director – Americas. In this role, you will be working with Deck Machinery & Motion Control (DMMC) systems (involving focus on mechanics, hydraulics and electric/electronic/control system; Experience and interest to work with these disciplines are a huge advantage) services, comissioning and upgrades related to the product portfolio. The position requires availability to travel (domestic and international) to attend service and training in planned or short notice demands including weekends and holidays, whenever required.
• Technical /Functional knowledge
• Problem solving
• Organization expertise / Cross boundary working
Qualifications and experience
• Degree level or equivalent education in an Engineering and/or Technical discipline related to Mechatronics.
• Strong verbal communication and written reporting skills in English language.
• Microsoft package user level.
• Experience and interest within both mechanical and hydraulic work is a huge advantage
You are able to
• Act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
• Make an impact, convince, persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
• Adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
• Analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
• Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
• Team building skills
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We offer an inspiring, safe work-environment, the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Please duly note that we are only searching for candidates with Brazilian nationality or holders of a permanent Brazilian working Visa.
Point of contact
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
Please be aware that internal and external candidates will be reviewed for this position