An exciting opportunity has arisen as Mechanical Engineer, reporting to Engineering Team Leader. In this role, you will be a part of the Technical Support & Engineering team delivering design solutions, documentation and technical support to the business. You will be responsible for technical deliveries for retrofit and refit projects as well as developing upgrading packages for equipment installed in the sailing fleet.
In this role you will be part of our Global Customer Support division. The division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
• Design and validate design solutions to their requirements and in accordance to the required safety levels.
• Technical responsibility in assigned projects.
• Provide sales support and technical support across teams and departments
• Provide technical Support within the Propulsion product portfolio
• Create and maintain technical documentation
Qualifications and experience
• Minimum Bachelor - or Master of Science in Engineering
• Good knowledge of Ulsteinvik Product Portfolio
• Good experience with NX and Teamcenter
• Good time management skills, able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Dynamically respond to evolving objectives and emerging opportunities while working in coordination with a multidisciplinary, energetic team of engineers
• Experience in supporting cross functional teams
• Good oral and written English and Norwegian communication skills
You are able to
• act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
• adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
• use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
• analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
• co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hour’s and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Stian S. Korsan, Engineering Team Leader, +47 412 35 325
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication