Join our World Class team as a Field Service Engineer!
Field Service Engineer – Kongsberg Discovery (m/f/x)
Due to EU rules and regulations this position is vacant for EU citizens only
As a Field Service Engineer, you are the first in line when it comes to representing the service organization from Kongsberg Discovery to our worldwide customers. To further strengthen our team, we are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our Global Customer Supports’ Service Delivery team in Hamburg, Germany.
Working as a Field Service Engineer you will carry out installation, and commissioning activities of Kongsberg Discovery equipment on our customers’ vessels and at major shipyards. You will perform services and maintenance on sailing ships with our equipment, as well as in-house technical support to our customers. If you have technical qualifications in hydrographic or any other systems or you have gathered equivalent working experience, then you have the competence we need. If you also identify with our values; determined, innovative, collaborative, reliable and consider yourself highly motivated for worldwide support activities, then you are the candidate we are looking for.
Kongsberg Maritime Germany GmbH is a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime AS with an office with 35 employees based in Hamburg. We are working in Sales, Aftermarket Sales and Customer Support.
- Installation, testing and commissioning of KM Subsea and Hydrographic products (office and shipyard / Germany)
- Technical on-call service and assistance local
- Technical assistance to delivery projects and sales/after sales
- Training for customer
- Supervision and on-board operational assistance
- Documentation and reporting
Qualifications and experience:
- Electronics/Instrumentation/Electro/Hydrography/Subsea systems
- Interested in education of hydrographic software and products
- General good knowledge of computer & network systems / data communication
- German (written and spoken) as well as good English language skills
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan and define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information, and support others
What we can offer you
As a Field Service Engineer you will get a chance to work with the Kongsberg Discovery leading technology in an industry which is working towards more environmentally friendly and green solutions. You will collaborate with people from different cultures and travel the world. You will be an important contributor in an exclusive technical, challenging, and fun environment.
We offer you a high degree of personal development in an international and dynamic environment and a competitive salary and benefit packages. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme.
Engineering (all disciplines)
Engineering - electrical
Engineering - marine technology
Engineering - service
Martin Nilsen - Team Manager